Discover the new LaserFIB for the ZEISS Crossbeam, your femtosecond laser for ultrafast material processing of large samples. Fabricate samples on the scale from 10 µm to 1 mm or more. Cut deep cross-sections through hard material such as SiC and expose structures of interest directly. When performing laser milling you will easily avoid contamination of your FIB-SEM as the laser is attached to a dedicated chamber which is separated from the main instrument chamber. With the new LaserFIB for ZEISS Crossbeam, you benefit from:
- Massive material removal: prepare extremely large cross-sections, up to millimeters in width and depth, within a few minutes (up to 15 mio. µm³/s)
- Combining laser and FIB: Gain rapid access to deeply buried structures for focused ion beam scanning electron microscope (FIB-SEM) analysis.
- Minimal damage: Thanks to ultrashort laser pulses (femtosecond laser) in a dedicated chamber, damage and heat affected zones remain minimal – without any instrument contamination.
- Fast and Intuitive TEM Sample Preparation Workflow
- Fast Removal of Material with the ZEISS Ion Sculptor FIB-Column
- Navigation and Accommodation of an 8 inch Wafer
- State of the Art High Resolution End Point Detection with ZEISS Live Imaging
- Best in Class 3D Reconstruction and Analytics
- Ease of Use by Design with the ZEISS GEMINI Electron Column
Maximize Your SEM Insights
Take advantage of achieving up to 30% better SEM resolution at low voltage.
- Count on the SEM performance of your ZEISS Crossbeam for 2D surface sensitive images or when performing 3D tomography
- Benefit from high resolution, contrast and signal-to-noise ratios, even when using very low accelerating voltages
- Characterize your sample comprehensively with a range of detectors. Get pure materials contrast with the unique Inlens EsB detector
- Investigate non-conductive specimens undisturbed by charging artifacts.
Increase Your FIB Sample Throughput
Profit from up to 40% faster material removal by the introduction of intelligent FIB milling strategies.
- Use the gallium FIB column Ion-sculptor for a new way of FIB-processing
- Get high quality samples, minimize FIB-induced damage and perform experiments faster at the same time
- Manipulate your samples precisely and fast by using up to 100 nA current without compromising FIB resolution
- Profit from speed and precision of intelligent FIB scanning strategies for material removal and perform your experiments up to 40% faster than before
Experience Best 3D Resolution in Your FIB-SEM Analysis
Enjoy the benefits of integrated 3D analysis for EDS and EBSD investigations.
Expand your Crossbeam
- Expand the capacity of your Crossbeam with ZEISS Atlas 5, the market-leading package for fast, precise tomography
- Perform EDS and EBSD analysis during tomography runs with the integrated 3D Analytics module of ZEISS Atlas 5
- Profit from best 3D resolution and leading isotropic voxel size in FIB-SEM tomography. Probe less than 3 nm in depth and produce surface sensitive, material contrast images using the Inlens EsB detector
- Save time by collecting your serial section images while milling. Take advantage of trackable voxel sizes and automated routines for active control of image quality